Monday, February 22, 2010

Introduction

Hello everyone - Blessings to you and yours wherever you are.

My Lenten journey with you begins today.

I hope to write a daily devotional throughout the season of Lent in order to help make our journeys to the cross this Easter both meaningful and reflective.
It's been my experience in talking with people that we reflect far too infrequently any more - let alone on spiritual matters, the grandeur of God, or our sinful estate. Yet there is much value in slowing down, taking a deep breath, and carefully examining where we are at, how we got here, and where we are headed. Lent, for me, acts as a Yield sign on my spiritual journey to slow down and to take in my surroundings.

Each devotional will follow the scriptural suggestions of the Revised Common lectionary. I welcome your comments and input as well, for those who wish to make this shared journey conversational.

Be God's, Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment